Hughes Developments is a property development company based in Christchurch. Formed in 1986, our history now spans 30+ years.
We believe our long-lived success comes out of our simple commitment to act with integrity at all times.
Our approach is always to take a long-term view of both our developments and our relationships. Our reputation today reflects decades of consistent delivery.
Hughes Developments is comprised of a close-knit team of property experts, supported by select consultants as required. With 80 years of collective experience between us, we have the skills to see even the largest projects through despite our small size.
- Jake Hughes
- Jake is a qualified quantity surveyor whose career has spanned architectural housing in New Zealand to large-scale construction in the Middle East. Jake joined Hughes Developments in 2009 where he is now a company shareholder and director. Jake’s level head and pragmatic approach play a key role in creating successful outcomes for our clients and leadership for the business.
- +64 21 764 472
- Robin Hughes
- Robin founded Hughes Developments in 1987, and remains actively involved in all facets of the business. With a quantity surveying background and extensive experience in construction and development, Robin’s primary focus is on risk management and overview. He believes that truly great work is found in the details, whilst always keeping the big picture in mind.
- +64 21 329 319
- Kelvin Back
- Since joining Hughes Developments in 2002, Kelvin has managed the delivery of development operations and town planning. Kelvin has a BCom in Valuation & Property Management, backed by significant experience in civil and infrastructure works. He is particularly skilled in green-field development and has delivered numerous subdivisions from start to finish.
- +64 21 708 625
- Bruce Harvey
- Bruce joined Hughes Developments in 2000 where he heads residential sales and project marketing. Originally from Brisbane, Australia, Bruce offers an effective mix of overseas experience and local understanding. Highly experienced in the field, his personable and genuine approach ensures outstanding results in the New Zealand green-field residential market.
- +64 27 283 9370
- Phil Hartnell
- Phil is responsible for the site management of our residential developments, where he is committed to seeing the new community develop for the benefit of all residents. Phil is experienced in the building industry and has a "make it happen" attitude to life. A true problem solver, he focuses on finding solutions to facilitate progress and maintain momentum on site.
- +64 21 543 444