Hughes Developments is a property development company based in Christchurch. Formed in 1986, our history now spans 30+ years.
We believe our long-lived success comes out of our simple commitment to act with integrity at all times.
Our approach is always to take a long-term view of both our developments and our relationships. Our reputation today reflects decades of consistent delivery.
Hughes Developments is comprised of a close-knit team of property experts, supported by select consultants as required. With 80 years of collective experience between us, we have the skills to see even the largest projects through despite our small size.
- Jake Hughes
- Jake is a qualified quantity surveyor whose career has spanned architectural housing in New Zealand to large-scale construction in the Middle East. Jake joined Hughes Developments in 2009 where he is now a company shareholder and director. Jake’s level head and pragmatic approach play a key role in creating successful outcomes for our clients and leadership for the business.
- +64 21 764 472
- Robin Hughes
- Robin founded Hughes Developments in 1987, and remains actively involved in all facets of the business. With a quantity surveying background and extensive experience in construction and development, Robin’s primary focus is on risk management and overview. He believes that truly great work is found in the details, whilst always keeping the big picture in mind.
- +64 21 329 319
- Alan Grove
- Having joined Hughes Developments in November 2020, Alan brings with him over 25 years of experience in the property industry from the United Kingdom and New Zealand. Alan has a BSc (Hons) in Valuation and Estate Management and is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Property Institute of New Zealand. He has delivered a number of large master planned residential communities over his career and enjoys leading teams of consultants, contractors and stakeholders to produce high quality outcomes.
- +64 21 272 8673
- Adam Robertson
- Adam joined Hughes Developments in 2020, working from both the city office and the Faringdon sales office. Adam brings a strong background in partnerships and marketing, focusing on creating connections with the wider community. His big picture thinking and knack for building lasting relationships with both individuals and businesses drives success from the ground up.
- +64 27 421 0101
- Morgan Muldowney
- As an experienced Civil Construction Foreman our Site Manager Morgan Muldowney has the skills needed to manage the presentation of our residential subdivisions and build relationships with contractors and purchasers alike. His background knowledge in landscaping and surveying allows him to think creatively and problem-solve effectively.
- +64 21 520 871
- Jane Donnithorne
- Previous to joining Hughes Developments, Jane worked many years in professional engineering and surveying practices with a particular focus on accounting and business systems. Jane is the go-to person for approvals for all Hughes Developments subdivisions.
- +64 21 352 209